We were delighted to attend St Albans Abbey for the University of Hertfordshire’s graduation ceremony; where we met with the most recent scholar, Faye Griffiths, who graduated with a Fashion Degree from the School of Creative Arts.
‘I have now finished my degree at University of Hertfordshire and enjoyed every second….I have already been offered a permanent position as designer….and am so excited to see where this new path will take me….I cannot thank you enough for enabling this opportunity for me, and for your constant support over the last three years.’
Faye Griffiths, Jarvis Scholar
This year’s new recipient of the Jarvis Centenary Scholarship is Amber Rose-Warner, who will be studying for a Bachelor of Education.
On June 4th, a team from our Jarvis Future Talent (JFT) development programme, visited the site of the NOAH Enterprise to carry out some volunteering work. The NOAH Enterprise has been working for over 30 years to tackle homelessness in Luton, and the name reflects their ambition, to provide New Opportunities And Horizons to those in society who are the most disadvantaged. They provide food, clothing, medical and dental care, outreach support and specific advice on accessing accommodation and income support, as well as skills and language training courses.
Jarvis Charity Walk
We’ve now been holding our charity walks for over 10 years, previously raising funds for Cancer Research UK and The Pace Centre.
This year, 17 walkers took on a 16 mile trek in the Peak District to raise money for Duchenne UK, a charity set up to fund and accelerate treatments and develop a cure for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The walk and auction raised over £2,500.
St Lukes SEN School
Our enterprising Jarvis Future Talent (JFT) team, raised funds to help renovate a modular classroom block at St Luke’s Special Education Needs School in Redbourn.
Our team organised numerous events to raise money including:
• After-hours staff games night in our Head Office,
• Cake sales on our construction sites, and
• Dress down days.
Additionally, our staff kindly contributed to the collection, also supported by some of our long-term suppliers including generous donations from Toureen Group and Tucker M&E. In total, we generated over £2,000, which allowed us to buy all the materials needed. The Jarvis Charitable Trust donated a cheque for a further £1,000 for the school’s future needs.On the 6th November, the JFT team were joined by volunteers from Jarvis Contracting to fully redecorate the 2 classrooms and a storage room. Our retail team donated furniture from our warehouse and built a sheltered outdoor storage area for activity equipment, increasing the access for wheelchair users, and overall this project has created a more dynamic learning space or the children.
Cunningham Junior School
Our project team at Warner House in St Albans, ran a 'Paint Your Dream Home' competition, in partnership with Cunningham Junior School. We saw great interest from the children, and received over 40 entries! Well done to the best 3 who all received a prize from Jarvis!
Other supported events include:
- Peace Hospice CV Awards
- Golf Day – The Pace Centre
- Golf Day – The Wildlife Trusts
- Careers Day – Sir John Lawes School, Harpenden
- Careers Day - Dacorum Schools
- Hemel Hempstead Girls Youth Football Team Sponsorship
- Longdean School Work Experience
- Donation to Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Woodlands, Watford Riverwell - Site visit for construction students at West Herts College.
- Regimental band of the RAF It was a great evening on the 23rd February, as the King's Church in Amersham hosted the Band of the Royal Air Force Regiment. We were pleased to sponsor the catering at this event, and Flight Lieutenant Tom Rodda, Director of Music, publicly acknowledged our support, which was a great honour.
- Donation to Keech Hospice